For a change of pace, I am setting aside my baking tools for a dinner meal I had to share. I went a little crazy at my local health food store and spent over $100 on things I didn’t need; one of them being pre-cooked polenta with quinoa. I am not saying I had buyer’s remorse but I definitely did not have a recipe in mind when I bought it..
So, I was on the hunt for a good dinner recipe. I had found a lot of recipes of snacks or appetizers, but not anything that would be considered a “meal.” Then I found this recipe off of Two Peas and their Pod. It was perfect: a casserole with polenta, roasted veggies, and cheese.
- pre-cooked polenta (with quinoa)
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- olive oil
- tomato sauce
- shredded mozzarella
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place zucchini, eggplant, and red pepper on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss. Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. When the vegetables are done roasting, set aside to cool and reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
3. Slice the polenta and I crumbled the polenta to cover the bottom of a greased two-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top the polenta.
4. Evenly spread the roasted vegetables on top of the polenta. Spread the tomato sauce over the vegetables and top with grated mozzarella cheese. Place the pie in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until bubbly and the cheese is melted and slightly browned. Let rest for about 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm.